By creator to www.wabi.tv
ORONO, Maine (WABI) The Maine CDC is investigating after a resident of a nursing facility in Orono examined optimistic for COVID-19.
In a press release to TV5, directors at Orono Commons say the person was admitted from a neighborhood hospital and despatched to the quarantine unit the place sufferers are monitored for 14 days.
They are saying the optimistic take a look at was found whereas the affected person was nonetheless on the quarantine unit.
All residents and employees there shall be examined as a precaution.
Full assertion from the power:
“Right now, Orono Commons has had one affected person take a look at optimistic for COVID-19. The affected person was admitted from the native hospital onto our quarantine unit the place sufferers are monitored for 14 days, obtain COVID-19 assessments on days 4 and 12, and are screened for signs each eight hours. The optimistic take a look at was found whereas the affected person was nonetheless on the quarantine unit. All residents and employees shall be examined tomorrow, June 30, 2020 as a precaution.
Throughout this pandemic, we have now been stringent with restrictions and an entire host of different precautions. Because the Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention (CDC) and Facilities for Medicare and Medicaid Providers (CMS) started offering protocols and pointers for the coronavirus, we have now diligently adopted them and in lots of circumstances, has gotten out in entrance of public well being pointers, adopting much more stringent an infection precautions than have been really helpful on the time. We additionally proceed to observe the path of the Maine Division of Well being in an effort to include and reduce the unfold of the virus.
A few of these steps we have now taken (and a full record will be discovered right here):
• -Screening residents and sufferers for signs – 3 times day by day
• -Actively screening and taking temperatures of all employees upon constructing entry
• -Requiring all employees to put on private protecting gear
• -Visitation restrictions, apart from distinctive circumstances, equivalent to end-of-life conditions
• -Cancellation of all outdoors medical appointments apart from medically crucial, time-sensitive and life-saving remedies, equivalent to dialysis and chemotherapy
• -To make issues simpler for households, we have now applied the flexibility for households and family members to carry out video conferencing calls utilizing Zoom know-how
• -After we realized of the primary case, we notified sufferers, residents and households instantly, and replace them through common video convention calls
Dr. Richard Feifer
Chief Medical Officer”
— to www.wabi.tv