By writer to www.businesswire.com
LOS ANGELES–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The DLH Encourage Awards, honoring movement image and tv programming that over the previous yr has shed a optimistic gentle on organ donation, can be offered to eight distinctive productions on Oct. 8. The digital awards present will stream LIVE at four p.m. Pacific Time on Fb @DLHCampaign and YouTube @OneLegacyInspires.
DLH Encourage Awards are given to productions that current genuine and optimistic portrayals of organ donation and transplantation and canopy a wide selection of inventive endeavors together with tv reveals, motion pictures, documentaries and shorts. They’re an initiative of Donate Life Hollywood, which serves as a liaison between the organ donation neighborhood and the leisure trade to encourage extra genuine and empowering tales on this essential subject.
The next productions and their writers are being honored on the 2020 DLH Encourage Awards for excellence in genuine storytelling:
- “A Query of Religion” – author Ty Manns.
- “2 Hearts” – writers Veronica Hool and Robin Russin.
- “Middleton Christmas” – author Tricia Aurand and producers Suzanne DeLaurentiis, Leilani Turner and Dale Fabrigar.
- “Grace & Frankie” for his or her episode “The Tank” (Netflix) – writers Marta Kauffman, Howard J. Morris and Alex Kavallierou.
- “New Amsterdam” (NBC) for his or her episode “The Domino Impact” – writers Y. Shireen Razack and David Schulner (creator).
- “NOVA” (PBS) for his or her episode “Transplanting Hope” – producers Niobe Thompson and Rosvita Dransfeld.
- “Kidding” (Showtime) for his or her season two storyline – writers Dave Holstein (creator), Roberto Benabib, Michael Vukadinovich, Joey Mazzarino, Hilary Weisman Graham, Matthew Salsberg, Dylan Tanous, Cody Heller and Jas Waters.
- “Burden of Genius” – producers Laura Davis, Tjardus Greidanus, Carl Kurlander.
“The leisure trade has a big impact on the general public’s notion of organ donation, and we’re thrilled to honor these distinctive storylines for his or her dedication to getting the story proper,” mentioned DLH Founder Tenaya Wallace. “Not like most different topics which can be dramatized in Hollywood, the vast majority of the general public has by no means really skilled donation and thus are extremely influenced, positively or negatively, by the fictional account of a really actual and critical subject. When Hollywood will get it incorrect, it may possibly value lives. However once they get it proper—as these eight productions have—Hollywood has the facility to actually save and alter lives.”
Additionally being honored on Oct. Eight is the winner of DLH’s “Storytellers Problem,” which invited teenagers, ages 13-19, to showcase their very own abilities and creativity by making a one-minute video aimed toward debunking a fable relating to organ donation. All movies submitted had been reviewed by a panel of Hollywood and transplant trade judges with money prizes awarded to the winners.
DLH is an initiative of the OneLegacy Basis, the training, analysis and assist arm of OneLegacy, the nonprofit federally designated organ procurement group (OPO) primarily based within the coronary heart of Hollywood and serving seven counties in Southern California. DLH is additional supported by OPOs, transplant facilities and affected person teams across the nation.
All year long DLH gives movie firms, tv packages, leisure studios, producers and writers easy accessibility to a community of consultants—from famend transplant surgeons to households whose family members turned an organ donor—without cost consultations on all features of organ, eye and tissue donation and transplantation. DLH additionally assists with casting, manufacturing and publicity assist. All companies are outlined on AccessDLH.org.
OneLegacy is a nonprofit group devoted to saving lives by organ, eye and tissue donation in seven counties in Southern California: Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, Ventura, Santa Barbara and Kern. It serves greater than 200 hospitals, 11 transplant facilities, a various inhabitants of almost 20 million, donors and households throughout the area, and ready recipients throughout the nation. For extra info, go to onelegacy.org.
— to www.businesswire.com