By writer to www.wfmz.com
WASHINGTON, Feb. 25, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — The American Affiliation of Kidney Sufferers (AAKP), the nation’s largest unbiased and patient-led kidney group, has mobilized a broad grassroots collaborative of kidney sufferers, organ donors and their households, allied medical specialists, and leaders in kidney analysis and the pharmaceutical trade to organize for bipartisan Congressional motion geared toward new job and insurance coverage protections for dwelling organ donors. In 2018, the Government Department of presidency responded to considerations raised by kidney transplant advocates and medical professionals and, via a U.S. Division of Labor authorized opinion, prolonged Household Medical Depart Act (FMLA) protections to dwelling organ donors. Since that point, kidney sufferers, transplant specialists, and allied kidney organizations have relentlessly pushed the U.S. Congress to observe this precedent and to codify complete job and insurance coverage protections for dwelling organ donors in laws. AAKP is looking on all folks and organizations concerned about becoming a member of the nationwide marketing campaign so as to add their voice by clicking here.
March is the designated month when all People and the U.S. Congress are requested to give attention to kidney illness, a power situation labeled the “silent killer” that impacts practically 40 million folks, with 700,000 affected by kidney failure. All through Nationwide Kidney Month, AAKP is elevating its voice to extend illness consciousness and push for larger innovation and affected person shopper care alternative in remedies, together with a significant improve within the variety of obtainable organs for preemptive transplants and transplants for these dwelling on dialysis.
In 2019, AAKP launched the Decade of the Kidney™ Initiative to speed up analysis investments and improvements in kidney medication, together with synthetic implantable and wearable kidneys, and to take away limitations to elevated organ donation and transplantation. In 2020, AAKP, together with allied kidney organizations, received a significant battle within the U.S. Home of Representatives (read now) and the U.S. Senate (read now) to increase transplant drug protection for kidney transplant recipients past a 36 month restrict to the lifetime of the organ. AAKP launched the most important kidney patient voter registration drive in 2018 and will probably be leveraging new applied sciences to safe Congressional passage of dwelling organ donor protections in 2021. By the AAKP Heart for Affected person Engagement and Advocacy, tens of 1000’s of People will probably be inspired to lift their voice in assist of Congressional action.
AAKP actions in March will spotlight lots of its nationwide and world schooling and advocacy applications and encourages the kidney group to hitch our efforts by taking part in Affiliation actions all month lengthy:
- AAKP Audio system Bureau: AAKP Board Members and Ambassadors will probably be obtainable to organizations concerned about studying extra about kidney ailments; affected person shopper care alternative and entry to therapies together with preemptive transplantation, dialysis, transplantation, and different strategic points together with well being inequities and disparities; in addition to coverage advocacy. To be taught extra about nationally and internationally acknowledged and award-winning AAKP audio system in your space, contact Erin Kahle, Director of Stakeholder Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to go to the Audio system Bureau. Click here to view AAKP’s Nationwide Board of Administrators.
- AAKP Counts All the way down to World Kidney Day March 11: Go to AAKP’s World Kidney Day internet web page (https://aakp.org/world-kidney-day) to be taught in regards to the Affiliation’s newest applications and initiatives and learn the way to assist the work of AAKP!
- AAKP Increase Your Voice Marketing campaign goals to extend AAKP social media followers in recognition of Kidney Month 2021. Be part of the motion this March at www.facebook.com/kidneypatient; www.twitter.com/KidneyPatients; and www.instagram.com/kidneypatients. Share, like, and remark!
- AAKP Take 2, Inform 5 Marketing campaign goals to extend consciousness of kidney illness amongst these in danger for kidney ailments, together with minority and underrepresented communities. This social media marketing campaign will present quite a lot of instructional info, encouraging people to take two minutes to assessment and inform 5 folks. This marketing campaign exemplifies AAKP’s grassroots efforts by activitating kidney sufferers to interact fellow members of their group that aren’t on-line. Observe us to be taught extra at www.facebook.com/kidneypatient; www.twitter.com/KidneyPatients; and www.instagram.com/kidneypatients.
- SAVE THE DATE! AAKP Opens Registration for all 2021 Digital Occasions!
For extra details about AAKP’s instructional and advocacy applications, go to www.aakp.org or be part of right this moment as a FREE member at www.aakp.org/join. To assist AAKP, make a tax-deductible donation at www.aakp.org/giveyourway or name (800) 749-2257.
Based in 1969, AAKP is the most important and oldest totally unbiased kidney affected person group in America. Ruled by a patient-majority Board of Administrators, AAKP conducts the most important affected person assembly within the nation and, in partnership with the George Washington College College of Medication and Well being Sciences, has carried out the World Summit on Kidney Innovation, the most important world digital patient-led kidney assembly with over 70 international locations engaged in 2020. AAKP executes a nationwide advocacy technique along side allied kidney organizations designed to insert the affected person voice into proposed insurance policies, analysis efforts, and care deliberations earlier than the Government Department and the U.S. Congress.
Observe AAKP on social media at:
Twitter and Instagram: @kidneypatients
FOR MORE Data:
Jennifer Duplessie Advertising and Communications Supervisor
View unique content material to obtain multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/national-kidney-month-brings-new-push-for-organ-donor-job-protections-301235785.html
SOURCE American Affiliation of Kidney Sufferers
— to www.wfmz.com