By creator to finance.yahoo.com
Firm highlights dedication to affected person care, neighborhood and sustainability
“We offer life-sustaining care within the residence, clinics and hospitals,” mentioned Javier Rodriguez, CEO for DaVita, Inc. “We’re dedicated to main via care and medical outcomes, whereas creating wholesome communities for our teammates and their households.”
Highlights from the Group Care report embrace:
Caring for Our Sufferers
- In 2019, DaVita Built-in Kidney Care grew its affected person inhabitants by 10% and demonstrated optimistic outcomes throughout the continuum, together with:
- DaVita launched its telehealth platform, DaVita Care Join™, providing its residence dialysis sufferers a solution to schedule appointments, set reminders and have interaction with their care crew nearly. Via technological advances akin to this, DaVita continues to vary and improve the affected person care expertise and assist medical outcomes for its sufferers.
- Devoted to its purpose of supporting all eligible sufferers pursuing a kidney transplant, DaVita launched Transplant Sensible®, a multimedia training program that gives sufferers and their family members an in-depth look into the transplant course of.
Caring for Every Different
- DaVita was honored to be named to the 2019 Bloomberg Gender Equality Index for its efforts in the direction of gender equality. As of December 2019, 78% of DaVita facilities are led by ladies, 35% of DaVita’s senior administration are ladies and 27% of DaVita’s board of administrators are ethnic minorities and 27% are ladies.
- We Belong As We Are, DaVita’s first psychological well being consciousness marketing campaign, launched in 2019. The marketing campaign was aimed toward educating teammates (workers) on psychological well being circumstances, the hazards of psychological well being stigmas and the assets out there to them and their households.
- Final 12 months, 50 teammates had been chosen via the We Are Nicely Award to obtain totally paid medical insurance premiums in 2020. These chosen had been chosen for his or her dedication to their well being, overcoming challenges and galvanizing others.
Caring for Our World
- Since its inception, Bridge of Life, an impartial, nonprofit group based by DaVita, has accomplished 35 worldwide medical missions with the assist of 183 teammates and doctor companions and impacted roughly 9,000 lives.
- In 2019, $2.1 million was donated to native communities via DaVita Manner of Giving, a charitable initiative that encourages teammates to provide again to their communities by permitting them to direct donations via this system to nonprofits throughout the U.S.
- In 2019, 210 DaVita places had been retrofitted with high-efficiency LED lighting to assist considerably decrease vitality consumption.
DaVita (NYSE: DVA) is a well being care supplier targeted on reworking care supply to enhance high quality of life for sufferers globally. The corporate is among the largest suppliers of kidney care providers within the U.S. and has been a frontrunner in medical high quality and innovation for greater than 20 years. Via DaVita Kidney Care, the corporate treats sufferers with power kidney failure and finish stage kidney illness. DaVita is dedicated to daring, patient-centric care fashions, implementing the most recent applied sciences and transferring towards built-in care choices for all. Via these efforts, DaVita has additionally turn into the most important supplier of residence dialysis within the nation. As of December 31, 2019, DaVita served 206,900 sufferers at 2,753 outpatient dialysis facilities in the US. The corporate additionally operated 259 outpatient dialysis facilities in ten international locations worldwide. DaVita has decreased hospitalizations, improved mortality, and labored collaboratively to propel the kidney care trade to undertake an equitable and high-quality normal of take care of all sufferers, in all places. To be taught extra, go to DaVita.com/About.
View authentic content material to obtain multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/davita-reports-on-2019-corporate-social-responsibility-initiatives-301049157.html
SOURCE DaVita Inc.
— to finance.yahoo.com