By creator to www.benzinga.com
Winners of the 19th annual Essay Contest introduced by Renal Help Community
GLENDALE, Calif. (PRWEB) September 29, 2021
Renal Help Community (RSN) celebrates its 19th 12 months of offering a spot for individuals to share their inspirational tales of dwelling with power kidney illness. The theme of this 12 months’s essay contest — “Who’s Your Healthcare Hero?” — inspired individuals who have kidney illness to precise appreciation for a healthcare skilled who improved their expertise of care. It is all in regards to the champions on their healthcare workforce. Entrants wanted to fulfill just one criterion — to have been identified with power kidney illness.
“Dealing with the truth of dwelling with kidney illness is difficult,” says Lori Hartwell, President and Founding father of RSN, “and studying the right way to handle your care will be difficult. Nobody can do that alone. We obtained near 100 essays from individuals throughout the USA writing about how their healthcare suppliers grew to become their heroes whereas main them on the journey of managing their well being. We’re grateful to everybody who took the time to share their private story. It was robust to decide on our winners, as a result of on this time of the coronavirus, all healthcare suppliers are heroes.”
This 12 months’s first place winner, Abigail Clary, is grateful for the phlebotomist who soothed her nervousness as a baby. “It is wonderful how a lot healthcare professionals helped me overcome my concern of procedures. Tina was my true hero.”
Mike Gothard described his healthcare hero Mary as “a gun-toting, rum-drinking pirate nurse” and wrote an excellent pirate-themed poem devoted to her in his second-place essay, “Ode to Nurse Mary the Pirate.”
Third place tie winner Phil Minnich was beginning a brand new job whereas attempting to study NxStage. His “Dialysis Marvel Lady” Judy arrived “actually at 5:00 AM to do my NxStage coaching earlier than I needed to go to my new job. Because of her, I used to be capable of do my residence remedy coaching and my new job coaching concurrently.” Pleasure Araujo, who shared the third-place tie, described how her transplant nephrologist cheered her up with a reside video of a live performance she needed to miss on account of process scheduling.
2021 Essay Contest winners and President’s Decide are:
- 1st Place – “Tina’s Reward,” by Abigail Clary, Healdsburg, CA
- 2nd Place – “Ode to Nurse Mary the Pirate,” by Mike Gothard, Beaufort, NC
- third Place (Tie) – “24okay Magic,” by Pleasure Araujo, Fishers, IN
- third Place (Tie) – “Dialysis Marvel Lady,” by Phil Minnich, Whitehall, PA
- President’s Decide – “Tabatha Taught Me to LIVE, Not Simply Survive,” by Georgene Sims, Hammond, IN
RSN has additionally chosen 10 extra excellent essays, awarding them Honorable Mentions:
- Honorable Point out – “Head and Shoulders Above the Relaxation,” by Jasmine Lee, West Columbia, SC
- Honorable Point out – “Heroes Are available in Many Completely different Varieties,” by Chelsea Roman, Sacramento, CA
- Honorable Point out – “My Physician, My Protector,” by Yessenia Gutierrez, Miami, FL
- Honorable Point out – “Hornets and the Rose-colored Stethoscope,” by Elizabeth Howard Usher, Barboursville, WV
- Honorable Point out – “Human,” by Stephen Weed, Oak View, CA
- Honorable Point out – “Dr. Ok,” by Angela Humble, Kokomo, IN
- Honorable Point out – “Brighter Skies,” by Shar Z., Milpitas, CA
- Honorable Point out – “Fortunate,” by Duane Busa, Clearwater, FL
- Honorable Point out – “Hope” by Shelia White, Greenville, NC
- Honorable Point out – “You Saved My Reside, and for that I’m Grateful,” by David Gutierrez IV, Lake Elsinore, CA
- Honorable Point out – “The Day My Life Received Fascinating,” by Sandra Kisselback, East Berne, NY
- Honorable Point out – “Nurse Judy,” by Megan Delaney, Smithville, NJ
Hartwell says her President’s Decide, “Tabatha Taught Me to LIVE, Not Simply Survive,” by Georgene Sims, of Hammond, IN, “resonates with me as a result of I understand how it feels to be the brand new child in a dialysis clinic. Georgene’s nurse, Tabitha, and her healthcare workforce have been her lifeline. My healthcare workforce was my lifeline too; they grew to become my household. In truth, I had extra healthcare professionals at my wedding ceremony than relations.”
The RSN Essay Contest gives a much-needed platform for people with kidney illness to share their tales and join by means of writing. It takes a workforce to combat kidney illness, and this 12 months’s subject offered an opportunity to honor the healthcare staff who accomplish that a lot for us.
Money awards got for First Place ($500), Second Place ($300), Third Place ($100), and Fourth Place ($100). Honorable Mentions and the President’s Decide additionally obtained reward playing cards ($100 every). All individuals within the essay contest will obtain a small reward within the mail. RSN prime essay winners might be translated into Spanish model and accompanied by an audio model learn by the creator.
The massive variety of high-quality essay submissions RSN obtained this 12 months illustrates the potential for hope and inspiration. Via their phrases, these writers are encouraging others to inform their tales of scuffling with power kidney illness. Profitable essays, and extra details about kidney illness and organ donation, will be discovered at https://www.rsnhope.org/essay-contest/.
RSN want to thank Fresenius Kidney Care, Akebia, U.S. Renal Care Inc, Dialysis Clinic Inc., Ardelyx, and AstraZeneca, for his or her help of this precious affected person engagement program.
RSN is a nonprofit patient-run group that gives nonmedical providers to these affected by power kidney illness. RSN strives to assist kidney transplant recipients, and people who are newly identified or on dialysis, develop their private coping abilities, particular skills, and employability by educating and empowering them to take management of the course and administration of the illness. http://www.RSNhope.org.
For the unique model on PRWeb go to: https://www.prweb.com/releases/people_who_have_kidney_disease_shine_a_light_on_their_healthcare_heroes/prweb18225205.htm
— to www.benzinga.com